Technical Diver Level 2
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
Advanced underwater missions beyond 50 m/170 ft require a robust skillset, extensive experience and in-depth knowledge, as well as resilience to handle potential difficulties at greater depths. These dives can be exciting, as many of the undiscovered and unexplored areas are beyond the limits of recreational or even level 1 technical diving limits.
Being proficient with dives at these depths will open the doors to project diving, exploration, and discoveries even further for all those who want to accept the challenge.
WHO IS IT FOR?
GUE’s Technical Diver 2 course is designed to enhance deep diving proficiency while using helium breathing gases and oxygen-enriched decompression gases.
It is a rigorous class designed to prepare divers for depths of 75 m/246 ft and beyond, using multiple (three or more) stages or decompression gasses, to manage their gas, bottom time, and decompression exposure in a safe and comfortable manner.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?Course outcomes include, but are not limited to: the use of multiple stages; the use of trimix with greater percentages of helium; the use of hypoxic gas mixtures protocols; gas management; oxygen management; extended decompression; accelerated, omitted, and general decompression strategies; dive planning; and management of multiple cylinders.
Applicants for a GUE Technical Diver Level 2 program must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a non-smoker.
- Be able to swim.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Have passed the GUE Tech 1 course.
- Must have a minimum of 25 logged Tech 1 level dives beyond GUE Tech 1 certification.
- Have logged 50 dives in a double tank configuration.