Recreational Diver Level 3
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
You are hooked now; it is not a love for diving anymore, it is an obsession.
Reach your next diving goals by going to depths that require more skill and advanced breathing mixtures with the GUE Recreational Diver 3 course.
This is a limited decompression course structured to teach advanced diving skills, prepare divers for utilizing decompression cylinders and double tanks, and to breathe helium-based breathing mixtures appropriate for deeper recreational diving to 39 m/130 ft.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Recreational Diver 3 is for divers who have completed Recreational Diver 2 or a GUE Fundamentals course at the “recreational” level and have completed at least 75 non-training dives, of which at least 25 must be with double tanks.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?knowledge of relevant physics and physiology, familiarity with the theory and practice of decompression, correct ascent procedures, the use of decompression cylinder, the use of nitrox for decompression, the use of normoxic Helium (30/30 and 21/35) to minimize narcosis, CO2, gas density, and post-dive “nitrogen stress,” and the basic regulator/manifold failures procedures.
Applicants for a GUE Recreational Diver 3 program must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a non-smoker.
- Be able to swim.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Have passed the GUE Recreational Diver 2 course or a GUE Fundamentals course at the “recreational” level.
- Have completed the GUE Doubles Primer course or be proficient in doubles with at least 25 experience dives.
- Have a minimum of 75 non-training dives.