Advanced Scuba Diver
OVERVIEW AND QUALIFICATIONS
This course is a continuing education certification course for certified divers. It is an enjoyable program of continued supervised experience designed to introduce divers to a variety of diving activities and to be taught entirely in an open water setting. Upon successful completion of this course, graduates are considered competent to engage in open water diving activities and the areas dived approximate those of training. This course is appropriate for divers who:
- Desire additional training.
- Have moved from one diving area to another and desire local orientation.
- Do not have, but wish to obtain, NAUI certification.
- Desire orientation to a variety of diving sites and conditions.
- Age. Minimum is 15 years by the water phase of the course. (Junior certification for ages 10-14 years is allowed.)
- Certification/Experience/Knowledge. Certification as a NAUI Scuba Diver or the equivalent is required. The instructor is to ensure adequate student knowledge and capability before any open water training and shall use skill or other evaluations to do so.
- Equipment. Students shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment. The instructor shall initially assist the student in checking all student gear to ensure it is adequate and in proper working order.