SCUBAPRO’s classic MK2 EVO is a reliable workhorse, and it’s the only downstream piston-style first stage with internal components specifically designed to resist freezing in extreme cold-water conditions. It’s a great entry-level reg for new divers, and also for veteran divers and travel divers who like to keep their diving simple and affordable. For divers who want a reliable, inexpensive piston-style reg that can handle cold water conditions, the MK2 EVO is an excellent choice.
- Classic downstream piston design features a chrome-plated brass body with one high pressure and four low pressure ports.
- Patented XTIS (Extended Thermal Insulating System) fully isolates the mechanical elements from the cold, increasing freezing resistance by an average of 50% over its predecessor without compromising breathing performance.
- Additional internal technical improvements include a spring insulating bushing and coating, an insulating piston bushing, an insulating sleeve and antifreeze cap, all of which contribute to the increase in freezing resistance.
- First stage is 3.5mm smaller than its predecessor but houses an oversized piston by 1.6mm that provides better breathing performance by increasing airflow by 15%.
- Stainless steel removable orifice allows for easier maintenance while extending regulator life.